Training provider: Hansavest Training Centre (training permit no. 217470)
Field of training: Metalwork
Training language: Estonian
Volume of training (in hours): 80 (1 academic hour = 45 min)
- Theory: 20 hours
- Practice: 60 hours
Target group: People interested in metalwork, with prior experience in welding, who are 18 years or older; welders wishing to refresh their knowledge and practical skills; adults wishing to obtain the skills of operating a TIG equipment in order to enhance their competitiveness in the employment market.
Pre-requisites: Basic education, prior experience in welding.
Objectives of the training: The learner will acquire the skills for using the TIG welding equipment that can be instantly implemented in practice.
Learning outcomes. The learner will:
- know how to choose the appropriate tools and equipment for work and safety;
- be able to weld different materials with TIG equipment, for example: steel, stainless steel, aluminium;
- know different types of welds and welding symbols;
- know different welding positions;
- know how to read and use welding procedure specifications (WPS);
- be able to mend parts and perform the post-treatment of parts;
- be able to set up the TIG welding equipment according to different materials;
- be able to prepare the assembly of parts according to drawings;
- be able to identify the mistakes in seam welds and the reasons for the mistakes;
- be able to perform post-treatment.
Class structure: Theory classes take place in the lecture room, while the practical training takes place in the study laboratory.
Learning materials: Learning materials are compiled by the trainers of the Hansavest Training Centre.
Requirements for completing the training. Assessment methods and criteria:
The training is complete when:
- The learner has achieved the learning outcomes of the training programme and has passed the required tests at a satisfactory level (minimum: grade 3).
- The learner has participated in 80% of the classes and performed a practical assignment.
Certificate: A certificate is issued by the Hansavest Training Centre
The qualifications and experience of the trainer: Egon Marder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of the training programme (without VAT): 1800 €